Pages

Friday 23 October 2009

Trip to Moscow

I just returned from Moscow, my first visit to Russia since I left the place in 1991.... it was a work trip with Cameri's production of Hamlet. 


I'm not going to dive into nostalgic sentiment here, I'm not really into it and to be honest don't have any, well.... maybe just a few:

The highlight of the visit (unsurprisingly) involved synths and experimental electronic music. I met  Dima Morozov (http://samoletuvvp.narod.ru/vto/index.html), an amazingly cool synths maker, circuit bender, DIY artist and musician.

He kindly agreed to make the mighty Volфram for me. Here is the link to it on Vtol's page:
http://samoletuvvp.narod.ru/vto/diy/vol.html
and here are some pictures of it taken by Vtol and myself:





with robosinth:



first touch: 




Vtol studio:




VIDEOS from Matrixsynth

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I also met Sergey from LoveLiveElectronic, had a very interesting chat with him.
And visited Theremin Center and an exhibition: "Generation Z"